Why should you upgrade your packaging?
Why Your Packaging Matters
Businesses must now pay a tax rate of £210.82 per tonne of plastic packaging that doesn’t contain at least 30% recycled plastic. For companies using virgin plastic, this is a major expense.
How Cambrian Can Help
Play Your Role in a Changing World
If rising material and business operation costs weren’t enough, businesses are faced with yet another financial challenge in paying Plastic Packaging Tax to HMRC. Businesses must now pay a rate of £210.82 per metric tonne on plastic packaging which contains less than 30% recycled plastic. By upgrading your packaging to contain more recycled plastic, you can avoid this cost and save your business thousands each year.
Make the change with our 5 step process
- To take steps towards achieving Net Carbon Zero Status
- To create a realistic and achievable Sustainability Strategy
- To upgrade your packaging in-line with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- To change how your company contributes to global plastic waste; or
- To mitigate the significant costs associated with Plastic Packaging Tax (PPT)
- What kind of packaging you currently require – for example, a dosing bottle or a plastic spray bottle.
- If you’re currently using a Trigger Spray Head, we define what kind of chemical compatibility will be required according to your product.
- We determine what level of recyclability your current packaging is capable of; and
- How much your current packaging strategy reflects your brand identity and values.
Here at Cambrian, we understand that the term ‘sustainability’ has become one which is easily thrown around in the world of business. However, when we say we specify more sustainable packaging alternatives, we mean it, and the proof can be felt in how your new packaging can be recycled and how much Plastic Packaging Tax you’ll pay. Here’s some examples of the alternatives you can expect from Cambrian Packaging:
- Zero PPT products: As the UK’s leading innovator in plastic packaging products, Cambrian stocks a comprehensive range of options that are totally exempt from the Plastic Packaging Tax. This is due to their impressive composition of over 30% recycled plastic content. Indeed, whilst enhancing your brand’s approach to sustainability, upgrading to ZERO PPT packaging will help you avoid paying £210.82 per metric tonne that you’d have to pay otherwise.
- The Ecycle™ range: The perfect packaging solution for companies who want to step towards material that is 100% recycled, the Ecycle range features a selection of products that are manufactured using 100% post consumer recycled HDPE. Just like our Zero PPT range, Ecycle products are also totally exempt from Plastic Packaging Tax.